Unit 1-3 Reading for Writing-2020-2021学年高一英语上学期同步课堂帮帮帮必修第一册（人教版2019）展开
Unit 1 TEENAGE LIFE
1.3 Reading for Writing
- Good afternoon, everyone. May I have your attention, please! (口头通知)
Our school is scheduled to hold a New Year party from 6:00 p.m to 8:00 p.m next Friday.
The activity is intended to enable us to have a better understanding of Chinese culture.
- 会议通知：时间（2018年4月5日 晚上7点）地点（3号楼103房间）
A meeting is scheduled in Room 103 of Building 3 at 7:00 on the evening of April 5, 2018.
Those who want to take part in the English-speaking contest are required to sign up for it at the Students’ Union office before May 25th.(书面通知)
Please sign your name at the Students’ Union office before May 25th if you want to take part in the English-speaking contest.(口头通知)
- 要求所有的学生出席这次报告。All the students are expected to attend the lecture.
- 欢迎所有的人参加这次活动Every one of us is welcome (to take part in the activity).
8. 请准时参加。Please attend it on time. / Please be present on time.
- 时间：8am—5 pm；
I'm writing to tell you that we intend to climb the Fragrant Hill this Saturday and I sincerely invite you to go with us on behalf of our class.
We are supposed together at the school gate and set out at 8:00 am. The bus will serve as our transportation. We will climb to the top of the hill and enjoy our picnic lunch there, so please take some food with you as lunch. At about 2:00 pm. we will go down the hill along another path and return to our school at about 5.00 pm. You may equip yourself with a camera to record the beautiful scenery and an umbrella or a raincoat is also necessary in case you are caught in a rain. Please spare some time to join us.
Your participation can surely add color to our trip and we are all looking forward to your involvement.
________________ adj. (尤指外语)流利的；熟练的
_______________ vi.& vt. 毕业；获得学位 n. 毕业生
recommend vt. _______________
advanced adj. _______________
advance n．& vi. _______________
_______________ adj. 负责的；有责任的
_______________ n. 责任；义务
schedule v. _______________
1. work hard at... _______________
2. turn to the teachers for help_______________
3. _______________ 记住
4. _______________ voluntary labor参加义务劳动
6. _________________________ in class 上课认真听讲
7. major in... _______________
8. have lessons_______________
9. _______________ 不辜负某人的期望
10. _______________ 预习功课
11. take exercise _______________
12. _______________ 做笔记
13. be well prepared for the test _______________
14. after-school activities_______________
15. the method of learning _______________
16. _______________the pleasure of life 增加生活乐趣
17. _______________what you have learned 复习已学知识
18. refer to the reference books _______________
19. _______________ interest in 对...失去兴趣
20. _______________ one’s horizons开拓视野
21. _______________ one’s vocabulary 扩大词汇量
22. lay a good foundation for_______________
- ______________________________, he was admitted into Beijing University.
- ________________ a decision is reached, it must be firmly carried out.
- I________________ fail rather than cheat in the exam.
- It must be noted that learning must be done by a person ________________.
- ________________ did he learn English well ________________he spoke French fluently..
- The students ________________work hard and observe school rules and regulations.
- When you are faced with difficulty, never ________________.
- His effort of decades began to ________________. He came to be well-known for his teaching.
- Not having had his homework ________________, he didn’t go out to play football.
- It was she who first introduced the ________________ of reading to me.
- Working with teachers ________________the students to learn a lot of knowledge.
12. Where there is a will, there is a way /You are never too old to learn / ________________
有志者事竟成。/活到老学到老。 / 不劳无获。
fluent adj. (尤指外语)流利的；熟练的
graduate vi.& vt. 毕业；获得学位 n. 毕业生
recommend vt. 建议；推荐；介绍
advanced adj. 高级的；高等的；先进的
advance n．& vi. 前进；发展 vt. 发展；促进
responsible adj. 负责的；有责任的
responsibility n. 责任；义务
schedule v. 计划
1. work hard at... 努力学习
2. turn to the teachers for help向老师求助
3. learn...by heart/keep... in mind记住
4. take part in voluntary labor参加义务劳动
5. be absorbed in/be buried in 专心于
6. listen to the teachers attentively in class 上课认真听讲
7. major in... 主修
8. have lessons上课
9. live up to one’s hope 不辜负某人的期望
10. prepare for/preview lessons预习功课
11. take exercise 锻炼身体
12. take notes 做笔记
13. be well prepared for the test 为考试做好准备
14. after-school activities课外活动
15. the method of learning 学习方法
16. increase the pleasure of life 增加生活乐趣
17.review what you have learned 复习已学知识
18. refer to the reference books 查阅参考书
19. lose interest in 对...失去兴趣
20. broaden one’s horizons开拓视野
21. enlarge one’s vocabulary 扩大词汇量
22. lay a good foundation for为....打下良好的基础
- To everyone’s astonishment, he was admitted into Beijing University.
- Once a decision is reached, it must be firmly carried out.
- I prefer to fail rather than cheat in the exam.
- It must be noted that learning must be done by a person himself.
- Not only did he learn English well but also he spoke French fluently..
- The students are expected to work hard and observe school rules and regulations.
- When you are faced with difficulty, never lose heart/give up.
- His effort of decades began to pay off. He came to be well-known for his teaching.
- Not having had his homework finished, he didn’t go out to play football.
- It was she who first introduced the pleasure of reading to me.
- Working with teachers enables the students to learn a lot of knowledge.
12. Where there is a will, there is a way /You are never too old to learn / No pains, no gains
有志者事竟成。/活到老学到老。 / 不劳无获。
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am Li Hua from Class One, Senior Two. I am confident that I am suitable for the kind of the job you are providing.
On the one hand, I think voluntary work can build up my confidence, develop good ability of social gatherings and broaden my horizons. But most importantly, I would like to do something for the children in Chenxi Hope School in need. On the other hand, I am an active boy with the ability to live independently. I am interested in and good at English, which is of great importance.
My plan is as follows. First, I will teach the children to sing English songs. Besides, I will often go to the English Corner with them to practise their spoken English. To make them interested in English, I will tell them English stories. I believe I am a good choice. I hope you can accept me. I am looking forward to your replies at your convenience.
好词：1. broaden 开阔，拓宽 2. horizons 视野 3.look forward to渴望，盼望
4. on the one hand，on the other hand 一方面，另一方面
1. I am confident that I am suitable for the kind of the job you are providing.
好处：be suitable for 适合
2. On the one hand, I think voluntary work can build up my confidence, develop good ability of social gatherings and broaden my horizons. 一方面，我认为社会公益工作能增强我的信心，发展我的社会组织能力，并且能拓宽我视野。
好处：build up 增强；build up , develop and broaden 连动式。
2017年6 月 邀请信
假定你是李华，计划组织一次郊游，请给你的英国朋友Chris写封邮件邀请他参加。内容包括：1. 参加者；2. 时间、地点；3. 活动：登山、野餐等。
I’m Li Hua and I’m writing to extend my earnest invitation for your participation in the outing organized by me. Aiming to gain a better acquaintance with exotic culture, I have asked teenagers I know all over the world to get actively involved in this event.
For the sake of convenience, the outing falls in Hong Kong at 9 am, on July 6th. Brimful of intriguing activities like climbing and having a picnic , this outing is bound to be huge success.
A request at your earliest convenience will be highly appreciated!
I am writing to invite you to hike with us this Sunday.
There will be 20 people in total, including my friends and classmates. According to the schedule, we will meet at 8 o’clock on the morning of this Sunday at the foot of Yu Huang Mountain. Then, we will climb the mountain and have a picnic on the summit, from which we can enjoy the beautiful scenery of the whole city. Should you join us, we will be more than glad.
Looking forward to your earliest reply.
There is going to be a picnic for students at the City Park this Saturday. As a member of the students’ Union and a good friend of yours, I’m honored to invite you to come with us. In my opinion, it must be a great chance for you to know more about our city and make new friends. According to our plan , we will climb the mountains, enjoying the beautiful scenery and our home-made delicious food. I guarantee that you’ll have a wonderful and unforgettable trip!
Looking forward to your reply.
I’m writing to invite you to participate in a trip, which will take place in the countryside on the 1st of July. Li Lei and Da Ming, two of my best friends, will join us as well, both of whom are easy-going. A variety of activities will be held on that day. We are going to climb the mountain, admiring the spectacular view of nature. On top of the mountain, we will have a picnic, during which we are going to sing songs and play games.
Looking forward to your prompt reply!
I’ m writing to invite you to a field trip together with me and three of my friends as well.
We have planned to meet at the park near my house at &:00 am on June 17th. Then we will move off in my car, heading for the mountain. On arrival, we will start a long climb towards the top of the mountain with fresh air and a spectacular view for us to enjoy. Following that , there will be simple but enjoyable picnic ,during which you can taste various mouth- watering Chinese food.
This trip will certainly add a brilliant touch to your stay here. Look forward to your early reply!
Hi, How is everything going? I wonder if you you’re interested in joining us in a hiking activity.
The activity, including mountain-climbing, Picnic and scenery admiring, is fixed o this Saturday morning. On that morning we are supposed to arrive at the School gate before 8:00 am and we will reach our destination which is called Victory Park at 9:00 am. The participants are all students who are bound to be willing to make acquaintance with you.
Should we be companied with you that day, the activity would be more colorful .Looking forward to your earliest reply.
第一节 应用文写作 (满分15分)
假定你是李华，你校英语协会招聘志愿者，接待来访的国外中学生。请你写信应聘，内容包括：1. 口语能力；2. 相关经验；3. 应聘目的。
注意：1. 词数80左右；2. 可以适当增加细节，以使行文连贯。
Dear Sir or madam,
I’m writing to apply for the post of volunteer which is advertised in the school newspaper. I found this position quite appealing to me and I’m well qualified for the job.
First, I have a good command of spoken English, contributing to my interaction with foreign friends. Second, I have previous experience about treating exchange students. Besides, I think it an excellent opportunity to broaden my horizons and improve my social skills.
I’d highly appreciate it if you could give me a chance.
Looking forward to your reply.
Dear English Academy,
Knowing that you are in need of volunteers foreign students who will pay a visit to our school, I’m writing to apply for the position with the aim of improving my communication skills.
Equipped with the ability to speak fluent English , I have the experience of being a volunteer activity as a tour guide for American guests as a result of which, I’m convinced that I’ll surely live up to your expectations.
I’d appreciate it if you could take my application into consideration. Looking forward to your reply.
Dear Sir or Madam,
I’m Li Hua . I am writing to apply for the position to be a volunteer for the foreign students.
I have been learning English for ten years, so I can speak English fluently. Besides, I’ve been a voluntary guide before, so I know what to expect and how to deal with the possible problems. Not only does this job provide me a chance to enrich my life and make more friends, but also it can broaden my horizons .
I’d appreciate it if you could give me the opportunity.
Looking forward to your reply.
【答案】I'm Li Hua, an outgoing boy, who is studying in London. I am writing to apply to be a volunteer of your team, having heard that a Chinese Painting Exhibition will be held in this local city. I have some advantages for the job.
First of all, having lived in China for sixteen years and having learnt English since I was a child , I have a good command of English and Chinese, which is beneficial for introducing Chinese paintings. Besides, having a good knowledge of Chinese paintings because of my familiarity with Chinese painting culture, I can get foreigners and the locals to know more about it. Last but not least，through my introduction and efforts, I believe, I can strengthen the friendship between China and England. I would appreciate it if you could take my application into consideration.
根据写作要点及构思好的提纲我们可以初步确定文章可能使用到的词汇有：volunteer，a Chinese Painting Exhibition，local city，advantages，a good command of，beneficial for，familiarity with，appreciate ，take my application into consideration。通过词汇铺垫，我们就很容易地行文了，文章写完之后要检查文中是否存在拼写或语法错误，并增加一些细节和过渡性的词汇，如First of all, Besides, to begin with，moreover，as for me，Last but not least，等，使全文衔接自然，语义流畅。
【点睛】本文首段开门见山，表达了写信的目的；第2段详细介绍了个人的优势和能做的事情，an outgoing boy, who is studying in London.此处使用了同位语和非限制性定语从句。having heard that a Chinese Painting Exhibition will be held in this local city.使用了分词做状语和宾语从句及被动语态。having lived in China for sixteen years and having learnt English since I was a child, I have a good command of English and Chinese, which is beneficial for introducing Chinese paintings.使用了分词和非限制性定语从句。另外First of all, Besides, Last but not least的使用使文章富有条理性。此外，还使用了高级句式结构，如I would appreciate it if you could take my application into consideration条件状语从句。
考生成文时应注意：1. 要点要齐全：(1)提出写信的目的——申请做这个志愿者；(2)提出个人优势；(3)表达出自己能做的事情；2. 时态：以一般现在时为主；3. 人称：第二人称为主；4. 注意恰当使用一些连词，使文章自然、流畅；5. 适当使用一些高级句型和词汇以提高作文档次。
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am Li Hua, a 17-year-old teenager studying in London. Learning that a volunteer is needed for an exhibition of Chinese traditional painting , I am writing to apply for it.
I have some advantages for the job. First of all, having lived in China for years and learnt English since I was a child , I have a good command of both English and Chinese, which is beneficial when introducing Chinese paintings to foreign friends. Besides, because of my familiarity with Chinese painting culture, I can get foreigners and the locals to know more about it. Last but not least, through my efforts, I believe, I can strengthen the friendship between China and England.
I would appreciate it if this wonderful chance would be offered to me. Looking forward to your early reply.
【思路点拨】本文要求给你的队友Chris写一封邮件，告知他关于近期参加排球比赛的情况。邮件的主要内容包括：1. 比赛信息；2. 赛前准备；3. 表达期待。
2.时态：以一般将来时为主；3. 人称：第一人称；4. 注意恰当使用一些连词，使文章自然、流畅。5. 适当使用一些高级句型和词汇以提高作文档次。
I’m writing to let you know that we will have a volleyball match next month. The match will take place in our school gym on the morning of July 8th. We will play against a team from ChaoYang High school. For good performance in the match, we must get fully prepared and practice hard. So starting morning, we all need to train for two hours after school every day. In addition, we should avoid getting hurt during the training and have a healthy diet to keep fit.
You’re an excellent player. With you on the team, we have every hope of beating another team. Let’s try hard together.
考生成文时应注意：1. 要点要齐全：(1)音乐节的时间(2)活动的安排(3)欢迎朋友表演一个节目 2. 时态：以一般将来时和一般现在时为主；3. 人称：第二人称为主；4. 注意恰当使用一些连词，使文章自然、流畅；5. 适当使用一些高级句型和词汇以提高作文档次。
I am writing to invite you to attend the Music Festival to be held from 8：00 a. m .to 5：00 p.m. next Sunday in my school.
In order to enrich our after-class life, our school is to organize this festival, which is intended to promote Chinese traditional folk music as well as enjoy foreign ones . Not only will you appreciate wonderful folk music items like performances of Erhu and Guzheng, but also you can give a performance to us in person . I hope you can play the piano or sing an English song for us.
Looking forward to your coming. I promise it will be a feast for your eyes and ears.