21.—Jim,can you work this Sunday?
—______?I’ve been working for two weeks on end.
A.Why me B.Why not C.What if D.So what
[解析] 1.句意:——吉姆,本周日你能上班吗? ——为什么是我呢?我已经连续工作两个星期了。本题考查情景交际。Why not(为什么不呢)表示同意对方的建议;What if...要是……会怎么样呢;So what那又怎么样;Why me为什么是我呢。故选A。
22.The number of smokers,______is reported,has dropped by 17 percent in just one year.
A.it B.which C.what D.as
23.Much time______sitting at a desk,office workers are generally troubled by health problems.
A.being spent B.having spent C.spent D.spending
[解析] 3.句意:因为在桌前久坐,办公室工作人员一般都被健康问题所困扰。考查独立主格结构作状语。该结构中的逻辑主语much time 与spend之间为被动关系且表示完成,所以选C。
24.More expressways______in Sichuan soon to promote the local economy.
A.are being built B.will be built C.have been built D.had been built
25.Tom had to______the invitation to the party last weekend because he was too busy.
A.turn in B.turn down C.turn over D.turn to
[解析] 5.句意:因为太忙了,上周末汤姆不得不拒绝了参加聚会的邀请。考查动词短语辨析。turn in上交,递交;turn down拒绝;turn over翻转;turn to求助于。根据语境可知答案为B项。
26.September 30 is the day______which you must pay your bill.
A.by B.for C.with D.in
27.Good families are much to all their members,but______to none.
A.something B.anything C.everything D.nothing
28.It was sad to me that they,so poor themselves,______bring me food.
A.might B.would C.should D.could
29.—What a mess!You are always so lazy!
—I’m not to blame,mum.I am______you have made me.
A.how B.what C.that D.who
30.Lessons can be learned to face the future,______history cannot be changed.
A.though B.as C.since D.unless
[解析] 10. 句意:虽然历史不能被改变,但是可以学习经验来面对未来。本题考查状语从句。A:虽然,尽管(让步状语从句);B:当……时候(时间状语从句);C:既然(原因状语从句),自从……以来(时间状语从句);D:除非,如果不(条件状语从句)。根据句意可知答案为A项。
31.—My Dad began to teach me English when I was eight.
—Wow. You must have studied English for six years, ?
A. haven’t you
B. mustn’t you
C. needn’t you
D. don’t you
[解析] 11.句意：——八岁上我爸爸就教我学英语。——哇。你一定学了六年英语了，对吗？本题考查反意疑问句。must have done表示对过去的肯定推测时，疑问部分用have的适当形式；注意若有明确的时间状语时，疑问部分用didn’t，如：You must have read it last night, didn’t you?
32.—Shall we watch Personal Tailor directed by Feng Xiaogang this weekend?
— . Isn’t it meaningful that we do some voluntary work in the nursing house?
A. How come
B. Forget it
C. Don’t mention it
D. Couldn’t agree more
[解析] 12.句意：——这个周末我们去看冯小刚导演的《私人订制》吧？——算了吧。难道我们在养老院做义工没有意义吗？A 怎么会；B 算了吧；C 别客气；D 完全同意。
33.Most workers have heard the news that their products, with excellent quality and delicate skill, are enjoying growing ___ among the customers abroad.
[答案] 13.答案 A
[解析] 13.句意：大多数员工都已经听说，他们的产品因为品质优良，做工精湛，正在被越来越多的国外客户所认可。A 赞同，好感；B 尊严；C 回复；D 利润。
34.—Mom, today I received a message telling me to send money to the account.
—Delete it. It’s a trick. Many a person ________ by such tricks.
A. have been cheated B. were cheated
C. has been cheated D. was cheated
[答案] 14. C
[解析] 14. 句意：——妈妈，今天我收到一条信息，让我给这个账户汇钱。——删除它。这是一个骗局。很多人已经因此而上当受骗了。主语是“many a +单数名词”时，谓语动词常用单数形式，排除A、B两项；说话者强调的是对现在造成的影响，而不是发生在过去的动作，应使用现在完成时，排除D项。
35.The president of the World Bank says he has a passion for China, he remembers starting as early as his childhood.
A. where B. which C. what D. when
[解析] 15.句意: 世界银行主席说他对中国有一种情结, 他记得这种情结始于他的儿童时代。本题考查定语从句。先行词是a passion for China, 在定语从句中作start的宾语, 要用关系代词, 所以选B项。A和D项是关系副词, 在定语从句中作状语; C项不引导定语从句, 均可被排除。
Even though Danish students have equal access to education, their choice of studies is still influenced by social class. Young people from working class backgrounds are 36 by studies with a clear job profile and high income, 37 prestige and studies with a strong identity interest young people of parents with university degrees when choosing which studies to 38 . This is what researchers from the University of Copenhagen 39 in a new study. Students who have chosen to study medicine, architecture, economy and sociology often come from homes where the parents have 40 higher education, whereas business studies and pharmacy often 41 young people with a working class background. This is 42 by a research team from the University of Copenhagen and Aalborg University in a new study.
“There is a 43 between the studies chosen by young Danes and their 44 background. Even for the young people who have very good grades in their A-level exams, and who could successfully 45 admission to a large variety of studies, the parents’ 46 of education and social class play an important role in their choice,” says Education Sociologist Jens Peter Thomsen, who is one of the researchers behind the study.
The study “The Educational Strategies of Danish University Students from Professional and Working-Class Backgrounds” is 47 60 interviews with Danish students from six different university level study programmes: Medicine, architecture, sociology, economy, pharmacy and business studies.
The young people bring with them the 48 they get from their families. If you grow up in a home with parents who are doctors or architects with a strong professional 49 , it is an obvious choice to follow the 50 path as your parents when you grow up.
“For young people whose parents are university educated, 51 such as fame and mastery of expert knowledge are important. They are 52 by an educational culture in which you are a diligent student, and where leisure activities are 53 to the identity that lies within your studies. These young people have also grown up with 54 discussions around the dinner table which also prepare them for their lives as students,” says Jens Peter Thomsen.
He also added, “Young people who come from a working class background, and have good grades have to 55 the full range of opportunities they have. But the effort to reach this goal must start early”.
36. A. monitored
37. A. while
38. A. pursue
39. A. calculate
40. A. required
41. A. subscribes to
B. caters to
C. sticks to
D. appeals to
42. A. inquired
43. A. connection
44. A. educational
45. A. balance
46. A. situation
47. A. connected with
B. based on
C. committed to
D. combined with
48. A. resources
49. A. degree
50. A. perfect
51. A. changes
52. A. disturbed
53. A. tied
54. A. practical
55. A. take charge of
B. take control of
C. take advantage of
D. take care of
[答案] 16.36. B 37. A 38. A 39. C 40. D 41. D 42. B 43. A 44. C 45. D 46. C 47. B 48. A 49. B 50. D 51. C 52. D 53. A 54. B 55. C
36. B 激发来自工薪阶层年轻人学习兴趣的通常是拥有明确就业前景和高收入的专业。A 监控；B 激发…的积极性；C 运动，打手势；D 相乘，增加。
37. A 而名望和身份地位较高的专业吸引的年轻人通常都来自父母拥有大学学历的家庭。while这里连接并列句，表示上下文之间的对比关系。
38. A 这里指选择要从事的专业。A 从事于，致力于；B 使订婚，吸引；C 包含，牵涉；D 管理，指挥。
39. C 根据上文可知，这是哥本哈根大学的研究人员得出的最新结论。A 计算；B 推测，怀疑；C 作出结论；D 完成，实现。
40. D 选择学习医学、建筑学、经济学和社会学的学生通常来自父母完成了高等教育的家庭。A 需要；B 证实；C 拒绝；D 完成。
41. D 而商学和药学则更为吸引来自工薪阶层家庭的学生。A 订阅；B 迎合；C 坚持；D 对…有吸引力。
42. B 来自哥本哈根大学和奥尔堡大学的研究小组在最新研究中已经证实这一点。A 询问；B 证实，证明；C 延伸，扩展；D 取得，获得。
43. A 丹麦年轻人所选择的专业与他们的社会背景之间有着内在联系。A 联系；B 比较；C 差异；D 矛盾。
44. C 第一段第一句就提到…is still influenced by social class，这也是文章要说明的主旨。A 教育的；B 政治的；C 社会的；D 职业的。
45. D 尽管他们能够成功地被很多专业录取。seek admission to这里表示“设法进入” 。A 权衡；B 发展；C 鉴定，认出。
46. C 但父母的教育水平和社会阶层还是会对他们的选择产生重要影响。A 形势；B 判断；C 水平；D 偏爱。
47. B 这项研究是基于60次针对丹麦大学生的访谈进行的。A 与…有关联；B以…为根据；C 承诺；D 与…相结合。
48. A 根据下文举例可知，这里指年轻人通常会继承家庭资源。A 资源；B 经验；C 金融；D 回忆。
49. B 这里指医生或建筑师有很强的职业特性。A 程度；B 特性；C 成功；D 责任。
50. D 如果你来自父母是医生或建筑师的家庭，由于他们的职业特性鲜明，在你长大后，追随父母的脚步是一项很明显的选择。the same…as与…一致，与…相同的。
51. C 对于父母拥有大学学历的年轻人来说，诸如名望和专业知识掌握程度等因素是很重要的。A 变化；B 问题；C 因素；D 性格，品质。
52. D 吸引他们的教育文化是，你是一名勤奋的学生，而休闲活动通常也是与学习有关的。A 打扰；B 感动；C 困惑；D 吸引。
53. A A be tied to和…紧密相关；B be accustomed to习惯于；C 迁移，换乘；D 复印，抄袭。
54. B 这些年轻人的成长过程中经常在餐桌上进行时事讨论，这也是为他们未来的学习做准备。A 实际的；B 有关时事的；C 物理的，身体的；D 医学的。
55. C 那些来自工薪阶层家庭且成绩优异的年轻人应该利用一切机遇。A 负责；B 控制；C 利用；D 照顾。
Shay and his father had walked past a park where some boys Shay knew were playing baseball. Shay asked,“Do you think they’ll let me play?”Shay’s father knew that most of the boys would not want someone like Shay on their team,but the father also understood that if his son,mentally and physically disabled,were allowed to play,it would give him a much-needed sense of belonging and some confidence.
Shay’s father approached one of the boys on the field and asked if Shay could play,not expecting much. The boy looked around and said,“We’re losing by six runs(分)and the game is in the eighth inning(局). I guess he can be on our team and we’ll try to put him in to bat in the final inning. “
Shay struggled over to the team’s bench and put on a team shirt with a broad smile and his father had a small tear in his eye and warmth in his heart. The boys saw the father’s joy at his son being accepted.
In the bottom of the eighth inning,Shay’s team scored a few runs but was still behind by three. In the top of the final inning,Shay put on a glove and played in the field. Even though no hits came his way,he was obviously joyful just to be in the game and on the field. In the bottom of the final inning,Shay’s team scored again. Now,Shay was scheduled to be next at bat. Would they let Shay bat and give away their chance to win the game?
Surprisingly,Shay was given the bat. Everyone knew that a hit was almost impossible. The first pitch(投) came and Shay missed. The pitcher again took a few steps forward to throw the ball softly towards Shay. As the pitch came in,Shay swung at the ball and hit a slow ground ball right back to the pitcher.
The pitcher could have easily thrown the ball to the first baseman and Shay would have been out and that would have been the end of the game. Instead,the pitcher threw the ball right over the head of the first baseman,beyond the reach of all teammates. The audience and the players from both teams started screaming,“Shay,run to first!“ Never in his life had Shay ever run that far but made it to first base,wide-eyed and shocked.
Everyone shouted,“Run to second!“ Catching his breath,Shay awkwardly ran towards second. By the time Shay rounded towards second base,the smallest guy on their team,who had a chance to be the hero for his team for the first time,could have thrown the ball to the second baseman,but he understood the pitcher’s intentions and he too intentionally threw the ball high and far over the third baseman’s head.
All were screaming,“Shay,Shay,Shay,all the way Shay. “ Shay reached third base when one opposing player ran to help him and shouted,“Shay,run to third. “ As Shay rounded third,all were on their feet,crying,“Shay,run home!”Shay ran to home,stepped on the home base and was cheered as the hero who won the game for his team.
That day,the boys from both teams helped bring a piece of true love and humanity into this world. Shay didn’t make it to another summer and died that winter,having never forgotten being the hero and making his father so happy and coming home and seeing his mother tearfully hug her little hero of the day!
1. Not expecting much,Shay’s father still asked the boy if Shay could play,mainly because the father .
A. noticed some of the boys on the field were hesitating
B. guessed his presence would affect the boys’ decision
C. learned some of the boys on the field knew Shay well
D. understood Shay did need a feeling of being accepted
2. In the bottom of the final inning Shay was given the bat because the boys .
A. believed they were sure to win the game
B. would like to help Shay enjoy the game
C. found Shay was so eager to be a winner
D. felt forced to give Shay another chance
3. The smallest boy threw the ball high and far over the third baseman’s head,probably because that boy .
A. was obviously aware of the pitcher’s purpose
B. looked forward to winning the game for his team
C. failed to throw the ball to the second baseman
D. saw that Shay already reached second base
4. Which of the followinghas nothing to do with Shay’s becoming the hero for his team?
A. The pitcher did not throw the ball to the first baseman.
B. The audience and the players from both teams cheered for him.
C. The opposing players failed to stop his running to home.
D. One of the opposing players ran to help him.
5. What do you think is the theme of the story?
A. True human nature could be realized in the way we treat each other.
B. Everyone has his own strength even if mentally or physically disabled.
C. Everyone can develop his team spirit in sports and please his parents.
D. The results of the game should not be the only concern of the players.
[答案] 17.1-5 DBACA
[解析] 17.【语篇解读】 本文为记叙文。Shay身患残疾, 但棒球队的成员却同意他参加比赛, 并合力表演了一场充满爱意的“假球” , 以此使Shay明白他没有被人遗忘。
1. D 细节理解题。由第一段最后一句可知, 他父亲明白如果对方同意自己身患残疾的儿子参加比赛, 就会使儿子感觉到他属于其中一员, 就会帮儿子建立起自信心, 这都是他所需要的。sense of belonging与D项中的a feeling of being accepted接近。故D项为正确答案。
2. B 推理判断题。根据第五段可知, 队员把球棒给了Shay, 但每个人都知道他不可能击到球的, 结合下文的叙述可知, 这是在帮助他享受比赛。
3. A 细节理解题。根据倒数第三段可知, 最小的那个孩子本可以结束比赛, 成为球队的英雄, 但他明白投球手的意图, 故意把球投得又高又远, 从第三个垒手的头上飞了过去。从“. . . he understood the pitcher’s intentions. . . “ 可以得知答案为A项。
4. C 推理判断题。根据文义可知, 对方球员是在故意输掉比赛, 这样Shay就成了球队的英雄。对方球员并非不能阻止Shay跑垒, 而是故意让其赢得比赛, 因此C项与“Shay成为球队英雄” 没有关系。
5. A 主旨大意题。概括文章内容尤其是最后一段可知, 这群进行棒球比赛的孩子们合力让身患残疾的Shay成为整场比赛的英雄, 把真爱和人性带到了这个世界上。故答案为A项, 即“人类真正的本性能在我们对待他人的方式中实现”。
【长难句】 By the time Shay rounded towards second base, the smallest guy on their team, who had a chance to be the hero for his team for the first time, could have thrown the ball to the second baseman, but he understood the pitcher’s intentions and he too intentionally threw the ball high and far over the third baseman’s head. 当Shay连滚带爬地向第二垒前进时, 球队里最小的那个孩子有机会第一次成为球队的英雄, 他本可以把球投向第二个垒手, 但是他明白投手的意图, 也故意把球投得又高又远, 从第三个垒手的头上飞了过去。
By the time. . .在句中作时间状语; who引导定语从句, 先行词为the smallest guy; could have done表示虚拟语气, 意为“本可以做某事但没做”。
Garlic is one of the most common flavors in our kitchen. It not only tastes wonderful, but also it’s very good for your body. It is one of Mother Nature’s most precious gifts to cooks of all levels.
Choose garlic heads that are firm to the touch, with no scars or soft cloves (蒜瓣). If you notice dark, powdery patches under the skin, pass it up because this is an indication of a common mold which will eventually spoil the flesh.
Store unpeeled heads of garlic in an open container in a cool, dry place away from other foods. Do not refrigerate or freeze unpeeled garlic. Properly stored garlic can keep up to three months.
As garlic ages, it will begin to produce green sprouts in the center of each clove. These infant green sprouts can be bitter, so throw them before using the garlic for your recipe. However, if you plant the cloves and let them grow to a height of about six inches, you can use the sprouts like chives (韭黄) in salads and such.
Garlic can also be purchased as peeled whole cloves, both stored in olive or vegetable oil. It is urgent that garlic in oil be stored under refrigeration to avoid potentially-deadly bacteria growth. If you use a lot of garlic and wish to cut your preparation time down, you can pre-peel and store your own in oil in the refrigerator, but the best flavor will come from freshly-peeled cloves. Use garlic powder, garlic salt, and garlic juice only as a last resort.
To peel a garlic clove, place it on a cutting board on its side, and gently press down quickly with the flat side of a butcher knife. The skin should then easily peel off. If you find the skin clinging desperately to the clove, congratulations! You have fresh garlic. As garlic ages, the skin is gradually dried-up, making it easier to peel.
1. The passage is mainly about .
A. how to select, store and peel garlic
B. what garlic tastes and smells
C. where to keep the garlic
D. when to reap the garlic
2. A dark patch under the skin of garlic means .
A. the cloves of garlic are soft
B. the garlic has been kept for long
C. something wrong with the garlic
D. the garlic has been cooked
3. The underlined word “sprouts” means .
A. new parts growing on a plant
B. newly seeds growing on a plant
C. parts belonging to a branching shape
D. thin skin attached to garlic
4. If you want to store garlic, .
A. you can keep it in the refrigerator up to three months
B. you’d better keep the peeled in the refrigerator
C. you may keep frozen unpeeled garlic
D. you can put garlic in vegetable oil
5. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
A. The sprouts of garlic tastes like chives.
B. Garlic juice is better than the freshly-peeled.
C. A cutting board is helpful for peeling garlic.
D. Olive oil is needed when cooking garlic.
[解析] 18.本文是一篇说明文。大蒜是我们厨房中的必需品, 大蒜不仅吃起来香, 而且有助于健康。文章讲述了如何挑选、储存大蒜和给大蒜剥皮。
1. A 主旨大意题。文章在2、3段和尾段谈到了如何选择、储存大蒜和给大蒜剥皮, 故A项合乎文章的主题。
2. C 细节理解题。根据文章中的If you notice dark, powdery patches under the skin, pass it up because this is an indication of a common mold which will eventually spoil the flesh. 可知, 深色的痕迹表明大蒜有了霉菌, 故答案选C。
3. A 词义猜测题。根据该词所在的句子As garlic ages, it will begin to produce green sprouts in the center of each clove. 可知, 这部分长在每一瓣蒜的中间, 可知应该是“芽孢, 芽”, 故选A。
4. B 细节理解题。根据文章第三、五段可知如何储存大蒜。根据文中的you can pre-peel and store your own in oil in the refrigerator可知B项正确。
5. C 细节理解题。由最后一段的第一句可知剥蒜皮时切菜板是有用的。误解分析: 根据第四段中的you can use the sprouts like chives (韭黄) in salads and such可排除A; 根据第五段中的Use garlic powder, garlic salt, and garlic juice only as a last resort. 可排除B; 根据第五段中的you can pre-peel and store your own in oil in the refrigerator可排除D。
The America’s Cup sailing race has been going on since 1851. In that year, the American’s won a special silver cup from England. Since then, America has held the cup for 132 years. America has only lost the cup twice, once in 1983 and once in 1995. The race is held about every three years. The 30th race was in New Zealand in early 2000.
There are 16 crewmembers on the sailing boat. The 17th person on the boat is a novice, a person who has no much experience. A contest was held to see who could ride along on the boats in the America’s Cup race. George Ellison heard about the contest on the radio. He entered as many times as he could. Then he won!
George Ellison says, “You get to sit on a boat as the 17th person and shoulder by shoulder with some of the greatest sailors in the world, in Auckland, New Zealand. I still can’t believe it!” There are two boats from San Francisco in the race, America One and America True. Ellison won a seat on America True. There are no other world class sports events where a novice can be on the boat. It’s called the 17th man position.
The contest for 17th man position helps advertise for the race sponsors. Sponsors are businesses who give money to allow the boats and crews to race. It takes a lot of money to be in the race. The America One team will have two boats. Each boat costs 3 million dollars. In all, the race will cost 32 million. One contest winner says he knows enough not to fall overboard!
1. Which of the following is TURE according to the first paragraph?
A. The 32nd America’s Cup sailing race was held in 2007.
B. Until 1995, 134 races had been held.
C. Every three years the America’s Cup sailing race is held.
D. The England team won a silver cup in 1851.
2. What does the underlined sentence mean in the third paragraph?
A. George Ellison doesn’t believe what has happened to him.
B. George Ellison is so excited for he is in the same boat with the famous sailors.
C. George Ellison can’t believe in the other 16 crewmembers.
D. George Ellison can’t get on well with the others.
3. In what country is the America’s Cup sailing race held?
A. In America. B. In Auckland. C. In New Zealand. D. In San Francisco.
4. What is the function of the 17th man on the boat?
A. He makes some kind of products advertised.
B. He conducted the crewmembers.
C. He collected money from the audience.
D. He is a free man on the boat.
5. The best title of the text is .
A. The America’s Cup Sailing Race
B. What A Chance To Race With The Pros (职业选手)
C. Americans Got 132 Gold Medals
D. The History of the America’s Cup Sailing Race
1. A 细节理解题。根据第一段可知B项应为135次; C项应是大约每三年; D项应为美国队获得银牌。根据第一段的The 30th race was in New Zealand in early 2000. 可以推测出在2007年举行的美洲杯帆船赛应是第32届。
2. B 细节理解题。根据文中. . . sit on a boat as the 17th person and shoulder by shoulder with some of the greatest sailors in the world. . . 可知, George Ellison当时的心情很激动。
3. C 细节理解题。根据文章的第三段内容可以得出答案。
4. A 细节理解题。根据文章的最后一段的The contest for 17th man position helps advertise for the race sponsors. 可以得出答案。
5. B 主旨大意题。虽然作者在第一段谈到了the America’s Cup Sailing Race, 但他是为了引出下面的主题。在文章的后几段都是在谈参赛船上的第17名队员的事情, 故选B。
Problem: On the scale of problems, “pictures of food on the Internet” is firmly first-world. And that is almost certainly a too-generous definition of “problem.” When it comes to photographing and putting your dinner on line, I say live and let live, you know? Maybe your salad was particularly inviting and pleasing that night, and I, too, have spent many an hour clicking “random” on Smitten Kitchen and salivating（流口水）.
But I assume if you’re making the effort to arrange your food artfully and preserve its memory in a digital archive, you must... like food. And want it to taste good. A recent study published in the Journal of Consumer Psychology suggests that spending time focusing on images of food makes the food itself less satisfying.
Methodology: The researchers assumed that imagining enjoying something might lead to satiation -- the feeling that makes the second piece of cake taste not-quite-as-good as the first. To test this, they had some people participate in two experiments that they were told were separate -- one in which they rated how appetizing different photos of food looked, and one in which they ate some peanuts and rated how much they enjoyed them.
A separate group of people did the same experiment again, but in the photo-rating portion, some were asked to rate how appetizing the food was or to choose a preference between two foods, and some were asked to rate the brightness of the photo itself.
Results: The more photos of food people looked at, the less they enjoyed the peanuts -- if they were looking at photos of salty food. People who looked carefully at images of sweets enjoyed the peanuts more, suggesting that imagination causes satiation only if you’re imagining a similar food. In the second experiment, participants who focused on the brightness of the photos were able to enjoy the peanuts more than those who were thinking about the deliciousness of foods while they looked at the images.
Implications: You’ll probably enjoy your food more if you don’t take a picture of it, or scroll through images of cookies at work and then eat one when you get home. This also has potential implications for advertisers, who may unknowingly be giving away satiation for free when they show images of chicken wings or whatever in front of us all day long. But luckily the study provides a hint: Try not to think about the food’s taste while you take a photo -- just focus on your composition.
[答案] 20.71. share
72. reduces/ affects/ decreases/ lessens
75. conducted/ made/ done
76. inviting/ attractive
78. enables/ allows/ causes
71. share 根据第一段When it comes to photographing and putting your dinner on line可知，很多人喜欢将自己吃的食物拍照，然后上传到网上和别人分享。
72. reduces/ affects/ decreases/ lessens 根据第二段最后一句spending time focusing on images of food makes the food itself less satisfying可知，花时间去关注食物的照片会降低我们对食物的满意度。
73. appetite 根据第三段第一句imagining enjoying something might lead to satiation可知，想象享用美食可能导致饱腹感，即：使你对真正的食物失去胃口。
74. rate 根据第三段第二句one in which they rated…and one in which they ate some peanuts and rated可知，在试验中，一些人被要求评价食物的照片和真正的食物。
75. conducted/ made/ done 根据第四段第一句中did the same experiment again可知，这里指做相同的试验。
76. inviting/ attractive 根据第五段第一句the less they enjoyed the peanuts可知，如果他们看咸味食物的照片，花生对他们就没有诱惑力。
77. different 根据第五段第二句imagination causes satiation only if you’re imagining a similar food反推，想象不同的食物就不会造成饱腹感。
78. enables/ allows/ causes 根据第五段最后一句可知，关注照片的亮度使人吃更多的花生。
79. Avoid 根据文章最后一句Try not to think about…可知，这里指不要在拍照的时候想这个食物的味道。Avoid doing sth避免做某事。
80. promote 广告商打出广告自然是要推销他们的产品。
在班级活动中,当你的想法与大多数同学不一致时,你是坚持自己的观点并说服别人,还是尊重大多数同学的意见?请你以“When I Have a Different Opinion”为题,用英语写一篇100~ 120个词的短文。要求如下:
When I Have a Different Opinion
One possible version:
When I Have a Different Opinion
We may have different opinions in organizing class activities.When I have a different opinion,I may choose to give it up and respect the opinion of the majority.
The main reason for my choice is that being brought up in a culture emphasizing collectivism,I tend to sacrifice my own interest for the group benefit.Once we were left to decide whether to have a picnic in a park or go to a museum.I would love to go to a museum,but most of my classmates wanted to go for a picnic.Without hesitation,I decided to follow them and we did have lots of fun that day.Sometimes giving up a little can mean getting more.