(1)表示现在经常性、习惯性的动作或存在的状态。（often, usually, always, every day, on weekends…）
My mother works in a bank. She is a senior student.
The earth moves around the sun. The geography teacher told us the earth moves around the sun.
考例: Months ago we sailed ten thousand miles across this open sea, which ___ the Pacific, and we met no storms. （05辽宁卷）
A．was called B．is called C．had been called D．has been called
I will tell him the news as soon as I see him.
考例:The number of deaths from heart disease will be reduced greatly if people ____ to eat more fruit and vegetables.
Persuade B. will persuade C. be persuade D. are persuaded
翻译If you will accept my invitation and come to our party, my family will be pleased.如果你愿意接受并参加我们的舞会，我的家人会非常高兴。
(4)表示按时间表、规定、计划或安排将要发生的动作。常用于be, go, come, start, leave, arrive, begin, open, close等表示起始的短暂性动词。句子中常有表示将来的时间状语。
The plane leaves at three sharp.飞机三点整起飞。
The new teachers arrive tomorrow.新老师们明天到。
Hundred of people die in the earthquake.
Two weeks later, the women arrives at the farmer’s house.
I know what you mean. Smith owns a car and a house.
All the students here belong to No.1 Middle School.
(1)表示在确定的过去时间里发生的动作或存在的状态(last year,yesterday,just now, at that time, in the past, then, in 2002, a few days ago…)
Where did you go just now? 你刚才去哪里了？
I went to the cinema once a week when I was at school.我上学时每周去看一场电影。
They said they would let me know as soon as they got there.他们说只要他们一到那儿就会马上让我知道的。
常见的有“I didn't know...”或“I forgot...”等，表示事先不知道或者不记得，但现在已知道或者记得的事情。
I didn't know you were so busy.没想到你这么忙。
I didn't expect to meet you here. 我没想到在这儿碰到你。
You haven’t changed much since we last met. 自从上次见面以来，你变化不大。
The book was written by Mr Liang Shuqiu.
Lei Feng set a good example to the people throughout the world.
We shall have a lot of rain next month.下个月会有很多雨。
—Where is the dictionary?字典在哪儿？
—I will go and get it for you.我去给你拿。
(1)be going to＋动词原形 表示主观计划、打算做某事或根据某种迹象表明某事即将发生。
We are not going to stay there long. 我们不准备在那里久住。
Look at the dark clouds. It is going to rain.看那乌云，要下雨了。
(2)be to do结构 表示计划、约定或按职责、义务必须去做的事或即将发生的动作或注定会发生的事。
You are to hand in the composition on Monday.周一你要交上作文。
All the questions are to be answered at once.所有的问题都必须立即回答。
(3)be about to do结构 表示不久或即将要发生的动作，一般不与时间状语连用。
Sit down, everyone. The film is about to start.大家坐好，电影马上就要开始了。
(4)Be doing有这种用法的主要是一些短暂性动词，如go, come, leave, start, begin, run, stay,take…
She is leaving early this morning. 她明天一早就出发。
①表示按时间表、规定、计划或安排将要发生的动作。常用于be, go, come, start, leave, arrive, begin, open, close等表示起始的短暂性动词。句子中常有表示将来的时间状语。
（1） 表示此时此刻正在发生的动作或状态 或 现阶段正在发生的动作或状态，虽然此时此刻动作不一定正在进行 或 反复发生或持续存在的动作与状态。
We are waiting for you now. 我们现在正在等你。
I am helping my dad on the farm this summer vacation.这个暑假我再农场帮爸爸干活。
You are always changing your mind. 你总是不停地改变主意。
The boy is jumping with great joy at the sight of his mother.一看到妈妈，小男孩就高兴地不停地跳。
--- Have you moved into the new house? --- Not yet. The rooms are being painted.(未完性)
I don’t really work here; I am just helping out until the new secretary arrives.(暂时性)
(3)表示计划、安排要做的事情 （见一般将来时2. (4)Be doing）
(4) 表达特定的感情色彩。与副词always, usually, continually, constantly, forever等连用，往往含有赞赏、厌恶、遗憾等情绪。
He is always thinking of others first. 她总是先想到他人。
You are always watching TV. Why not do something more active?
特别提示：表示心理活动、拥有、行为结果、表象、感官的动词，如understand, realize, believe, have, own, possess, belong to, seem, look, sound, accept, admit, receive等不能用于进行时态。
I was reading a novel when you called.你打电话时我正在读小说。
She was studying English all weekend.整个周末她都在学英语。
(2)短暂性动词come, go, start, begin, leave, arrive, get, become等的过去进行时表示从过去某一时刻看将要发生的动作。
She asked him whether he was coming back for lunch.她问他晚饭是否准备回来吃。
I was wondering if you could give me a lift.不知你能否让我搭一下车。
What will you be doing at this time on Saturday?周六的这个时间你将会干什么？
Andy will be teaching English in Jinan at this time of next month.
表示动作发生在过去，但其结果影响到现在，可以和一些表示不确定的时间状语just, already, yet, ever, recently等连用。
We've done a lot of work on it, but we haven't finished yet.
I've been very sad for the past few months.在过去的几个月里，我一直很伤心。
表示说话前发生过一次或多次的动作，现在成为一种经历，常带有twice, ever, never, three times等时间状语。
I've never seen her as angry as that, so I kept quiet.
(4)This / It is the first /second… time + that 从句。That 从句谓语动词用现在完成时。
This is the first time I have seen such a grand palace.
I will give my opinion when I have read the book through.
I will go home as soon as I have had my bicycle mended.我把自行车修好后就回家。
(6) 瞬间动词又叫非延续性东侧、终止动词。瞬间动词一般不用完成时态，也不可以接表示一段时间的状语，若要接表示一段时间的状语，需作一些相应的变换。瞬间动词的 否定式可用完成时，否定式也可以接表示一段时间的状语。
正误：He has come to Beijing since last year. He has lived in Beijing since last year.
He has joined the army for 3 years. He has served in the army for 3 years.
He joined the army 3 years ago. He has been a soldier for 3 years.
It is 3 years since he joined the army. He has joined the army.
常见的瞬间动词有：come, go, get to/reach/arrive at, leave, buy, sell, open, close, get up, join/ take part in, begin/ start, return/give, borrow/lend, become/turn, bring/ take, die, finish/end, receive/hear from, marry, break, lose, jump…
I lost my new mobile phone yesterday.昨天我把新手机丢了。
I have lost my new mobile phone.我把新手机丢了。
(1)表示一个动作或状态在过去某一时间或动作之前已经完成或结束，即发生在“过去的过去”，常与by(by then, by that time, by the end of, by the time+句子), before, when, until,等引导的时间状语连用，只有和过去某时间或某动作相比较时才能用到该时态。
Most of the guests had left when he arrived at the party.
Until then he had known nothing about it yet. 到那时为止，他对此一无所知。
Hardly had we left the dormitory the next morning when we realized we left our map in the room.
(3) This / It was the first /second… time + that 从句。That 从句谓语动词用过去完成时。
(4)It was/had been +一段时间+ since 从句。Since 从句谓语动词用过去完成时。
It was ten years since we had had such a wonderful time. 我们10年没这么高兴了。
(5)用在表示愿望、打算一类的动词如：hope, think, expect, intend, mean, suppose, want等，其过去完成时表示过去未曾实现的愿望或打算。
I had intended to speak, but time did not permit.我本想发言，但时间不允许。
They had wanted to help but could not get here in time.
It has been raining since last night.雨从昨晚一直下到现在。
She has been waiting for you since nine o'clock.她从九点就一直在等你了。
You have been saying you can succeed for five years.五年来你一直在说你能成功。
Too much has been happening today.今天真是一个多事的日子。
I have been wanting to meet you for a long time. 和你见面是我盼望已久的事情。
I have been washing my clothes.我一直在洗衣服。I have washed my clothes.我已经洗完衣服了。
They will have graduated from senior high school by June next year.明年六月他们就高中毕业了。
By the time you get home I will have cleaned the house from top to bottom.
She said her mother would come to see her.她说她母亲会来看她。
I was going to call you when you came in.你进来的时候我正要给你打电话。
1. --- Oh, dear. I forgot the air tickets.
--- You ______ something.
A. have left B. are always leaving C. are leaving D. always left
2. --- I ______ so busily recently that I ______ no time to help you with your math.
--- That’s OK. I can manage it by myself.
A. have been working; haveB. have worked; hadC. am working; will haveD. had been working; had had
3. Remember to send me a photo of us next time you ______ to me.
A. are writing B. will writeC. has written D. write
4. He ______ at the meeting, but his heart attack prevented him.
A. will speak B. is going to speakC. had to speak D. was going to speak
5. --- I beg your pardon, but I didn’t quite catch you.
--- Oh, I ______ myself.
A. am talking to B. talked aboutC. have talked to D. was talking to
6. I ______ ping-pong quite well, but I haven’t had time to play since the New Year.
A. will play B. have playedC. played D. play
7. I first met Tom 10 years ago. He ______ in a radio factory at that time.
A. had worked B. has workedC. was working D. has been working
8. --- What ______ when I phoned you?
--- I ______ my work, and I wanted to go out.
A. have you done; finishedB. were you doing; have finished
C. did you do; had just finishedD. were you doing; had just finished
9. --- Have you finished the report?
--- No. I ______ it all this week.
A. will do B. had doneC. have done D. have been doing
10. I can guess you were in a hurry. You ______ your sweater inside out.
A. had worn B. woreC. were wearing D. are wearing
11. --- We ______ that you would fix the TV set this week.
--- I’m sorry. I ______ to fix it this week, but I’ve been too busy.
A. had expected; had intendedB. are expecting; had intended
C. expect; intendD. expected; intend
12. --- Why? Tom, your shirt is so dirty!
--- Mum, I ______ my storeroom downstairs.
A. cleaned B. have cleaned
C. was cleaning D. have been cleaning
13. They won’t buy new clothes because they ______ money to buy a new house.
A. save B. are saving
C. have saved D. were saving
14. The traffic in our city is already good and it ______ even better.
A. gets B. got C. has got D. is getting
15. --- I will come to attend your lecture at 10:00 tomorrow.
--- I’m sorry, by then my lecture will have ended and I ______ my guests in my office.
A. is being met B. will meet
C. will be meeting D. will have met
16. --- Alice came back home the day before yesterday.
--- Really? Where ______?
A. has she been B. had she been
C. has she gone D. had she gone
17. I know Mr. Brown; we ______ to each other at an international conference.
A. are introduced B. are been introduced
C. were introduced D. had been introduced
18. --- Where do you think ______ he ______ the computer?
--- Sorry. I have no idea.
A. has; bought B. 不填; bought
C. did; buy D. 不填; buys
19. Don’t bother to look for my dictionary --- it ______ some day.
A. turns up B. has turned up
C. will turn up D. is going to turn up
20. --- What do you think of this kind of TV set, which ______ in Shanghai?
--- Well, I don’t care about such things.
A. was made B. is made
C. has been made D. had been made
21. --- Did he notice you enter the room?
--- I don’t think so. He ______ to the radio with his eyes shut.
A. listened B. was listening
C. has listened D. had listened
22. The plane ______ at 7:00 pm, so I have to be at the airport by 6:40 at the latest.
A. has left B. would leave
C. will have left D. leaves
23. The train ___ at the present speed until it reaches the foot of the mountain at about nine o’clock tonight.
A. went B. is going C. goes D. will be going
24. I used to drink a lot of tea but these days I ______ coffee.
A. prefer B. preferred
C. had preferred D. am preferring
25. The vegetables didn’t taste very good. They ______ too long.
A. had been cooked B. were cooked
C. have cooked D. cooked
26. --- Remember the first time we met, Jim?
--- Of course I do. You ______ in the library.
A. were reading B. had read
C. have read D. read
27. I want to buy that kind of cloth because I ______ the cloth ______ well.
A. have told; washes
B. have been told; washes
C. was told; washed
D. have been told; is washed
28. --- Is Tom still smoking?
--- No. By next Saturday he ______ for a whole month without smoking a single cigarette.
A. will be B. will have gone
C. will have been D. has been going
29. --- ______ Betty this morning?
--- Not yet, but she is sure to be here before noon.
A. Have you seen B. Will you see
C. Do you see D. Did you see?
30. Jim talked for about half an hour yesterday. Never ______ him talk so much.
A. I heard B. did I hear
C. I had heard D. had I heard
31. --- Look at the black clouds. It ______ soon.
--- Sure. If only we ______ out.
A. is raining; didn’t come
B. is to rain; won’t start
C. will rain; haven’t started
D. is going to rain; hadn’t come
32. He ___ articles for our wall-newspaper these three years, and he ____ about forty articles.
A. has been writing; has written
B. has been writing; wrote
C. is writing; has been writing
D. has written; has written
33. She ______ to the office than she got down to writing the report.
A. has no sooner got B. had hardly got
C. no sooner got D. had no sooner got
34. When he was alive, the old scientist used to say that knowledge ______ from practice and he gained his experience by doing a lot of practical work.
A. was coming B. had come
C. comes D. would come
35. --- Don’t forget to bring my new books tomorrow afternoon.
--- No, I ______.
A. don’t B. do C. won’t D. will
36. I decided to go to the library as soon as I ______.
A. finished what I was doing
B. finished what I did
C. would finish what I was doing
D. finish what I did
37. You won’t know whether the coat fits you until you ______ it on.
A. will try B. have tried
C. tried D. are trying
38. My dictionary ______. I have looked for it everywhere but still ______it.
A. has lost; don’t find
B. is missing; don’t find
C. has lost; haven’t found
D. is missing; haven’t found
39. ______ it with me and I’ll see what I can do.
A. When left B. Leaving
C. If you leave D. Leave
40. --- How are you planning to travel to Shanghai?
--- I ______ yet, but I ______ taking a train.
A. didn’t decide; am considering
B. haven’t decided; consider
C. haven’t decided; am considering
D. hadn’t decided; have considered
41. --- Excuse me, sir. Would you do me a favour?
--- Of course. What is it?
--- I ______ if you could take me to the station.
A. would wonder B. did wonder
C. was wondering D. had wondered
42. --- Got your driving license?
--- No. I ______ too busy to have enough practice, so I didn’t take the driving test last week. I’m going to next week.
A. was B. have been C. am D. had been
43. With the development of science, more new technology ______ to the field of IT.
A. has introduced B. is being introduced
C. is introduced D. was introduced
44. --- Who’s the man over there?
--- It’s Jack.
--- Oh? ______ in Italy.
A. I think he’s
B. I’ve thought he’s been
C. I thought he was
D. I’d thought he’d been
45. --- I dropped in at your house at about ten last night, but you weren’t in.
--- I ______ regular exercises at the club.
A. did B. was doing C. had done D. have been doing
46. --- Each of the students, working hard at their lessons, ______ the book.
--- So have I.
A. is reading B. has read C. reading D. reads
47. The baby is generally healthy, but every now and then he ______ a cold.
A. has caught B. is catchingC. will catch D. does catch
48. It is when the plane ______ that you’d better find out at the booking office.
A. would take off B. had taken off
C. was taking off D. is taking off
49. --- I’m sorry, but there’s no smoking on this flight.
--- Oh, I ______ that. Sorry, I won’t again.
A. don’t know B. didn’t know
C. won’t know D. haven’t known
50. I thought Jim would say something about his school report, but he ______ it.
A. doesn’t mention B. hadn’t mentioned
C. didn’t mention D. hasn’t mentioned