1.Millie lives on a healthy diet. She ______ (很少) has sweet snacks.
2.Stephen was ______(忙碌的) with the report on giant pandas last week.
3.People aren’t allowed to eat food on the underground in Nanjing from the next _______ (月).
4.Madee felt proud when she ______(升起) the national flag in the playground this Monday.
5.Jiangnan Examination Office in Confucius Temple attracted ______(千) of tourists on China Tourism Day this year.
6.The CN Tower in Canada is 1, feet in ______ (高)
7.The cat is lying _______ (舒适) under the tree with her eyes half closed.
8.I’m old enough to look after ______(我自己).
9.I’m afraid to ride a roller coaster, especially when it moves at high _____(速度).
10.Most of the Chinese students study at _______(混合的)schools.
11.When we walk ______(穿过)the road, we should follow the traffic rules.
12.She hopes to be an excellent ________(舞蹈家) like Yang Liping.
13.—What do you think of the block you live in?
—I'm not satisfied. The loud noise from the square always (打扰、扰乱) me a lot.
14.What he said finally proved that he was (不诚实的).
15.Some people have no sense of safety. They usually go (径直) across the road without looking at traffic lights.
16.The weather report says there will be much (雨)in most areas in the south.
17.Last term, I______ a bicycle to school every day. (骑)
18.I'm strongly______ smoking because it may cause cancer. (反对)
19.We are pleased with the good______ in Yangzhou restaurants. (服务)
20.I like the suit, but the jacket doesn’t ______(合身) me.
21.It might be several months before she’s fully ______(治愈).[来源:学§科§网]
22.I think it’s our _____(轮次)to drive the kids to school this week.
23.Brenda spent all day ______(准备) the meal.
24.She ______(突然) found herself being talked about in all the newspapers.
25.Even if they are not very skilled, you really have to admire the _____(护士) team spirit.
26.It' s time to have a rest. Let’s go out for a _______(呼吸) of fresh air.
27.________(幸运地) for I he villagers, the firemen put out the big fire in time.
28.Thomas Bach of Germany was ______(选择, 选为）to be the ninth IOC president last year.
29._______(无论在哪里）someone falls ill，Doctor Mei often rides for hours to see the patient in the mountainous area.
30.The guide is so ________(精力充沛的）and outgoing that he can always help tourists have a good time on the trip.
31. The library is on the ______(对面的) side of the road from the school.
32. The kind man always helps the ______ (无家的) children.
33. In hot weather the ______(温度) gets very high.
34. Before join the army, everyone has to have a _____(医学的) examination.
35. Jim is a _____(自信的) boy. He has plenty of friends.
36. You must ask _____(许可) if you want to leave early.
37. Miss Zhao is an English ______ (翻译) in the computer company.
38. Most elderly people want to ______(继续) living at home for as long as they can.[来源:学科网]
39. The most young people choose computer ______(设计) as their job.
40. —Can you go to the park with me now?
—OK, but we can go there an hour later. It’s ______ (不拥挤).
1.The twin brothers always keep ______(argue) about what TV programmes to watch.
2. My dream is to be a famous doctor and save patients’ ______(life).
3.It is a good habit to brush your teeth at least ______ a day. (two)
4.The Bruce family had to give up camping in the Purple Mountain on such a ______(fog) day.
5.Many students are ______(happy) with too much homework. They need more time for their hobbies.
6.A friend of ______ (I ) is getting married next month.
7.Jane would like to live on the ______ (three) floor.
8.The man was breathing ______ (heavy) and had blood on his shirt.
9.Every year a lot of ______ (tour) go to Beijing to see the Great Wall.
10.The horror film kept the little girl ______(wake) all night.
11.Smiles on the ______(swim) faces showed how they enjoyed the race.
12.Simon entered the library, found ______(he) a seat by the window and started his work.
13.It was closing time, but the ______(interest) tourists were still unwilling to leave.
14.Thousands of ______ (visitor) come to my hometown Suqian every year.
15.He is very ______ (friend) to others, so he has lots of friends there.
16.The ______ (nineteen) World Book Day was on April 23, 2014.
17.Mr Smith had a _______ (discuss) with us about the film just now.
18.Millie tried her best but did (bad) among all the members in the team
19.The singers in the CCTV talent show Sing My Song have (able) to write songs.
20.—Did you eat rice dumplings at Dragon Boat Festival?
—Of course. I love the ones made in Jiaxing. They seem even (taste) to me after watching the TV programme A Bite of China.
21.Li Jianrou was (interview) shortly after she won the first gold medal for China in the 22nd Winter Olympic Games.
22.Jan looked (hope) at her husband for a football ticket to get closer to her favourite player.
23.Paper making is a great _____ (invent) of ancient China.
24.It is _______ (possible) to finish the job in such a short time. We need two more days.
25.Now people hope to eat healthily and begin to care about the ______ (safe) of food.
26.They are looking forward to _______ (win) the first prize in the coming competition.[来源:学科网ZXXK]
27.Which do you think is _______ (interesting), going to a picnic or going fishing?
28. The little boy is so _____(care) that he often leaves his homework at home.
29.He hopes to live a simple and (peace) life.
30.Yancheng, a green city, is a (please) place for people to live in.
31. Ann fell off her bike yesterday, _____ (luck) she didn’t hurt herself.
32. Mr. Green is a ______ (west). He comes from Italy.
33. The children are too young to take care of _____ (them)?
34. She’s not satisfied with her life. She is always _____ (complain).
35. Can you always understand ______ (speak) English?[来源:Zxxk.Com]
36. The ______ (help) boy often helps the old man carry water.
37. The ______ (die) of her mother made her very sad.
38. Jim said he saw a ______ (fly) disk on the top of the mountain.
39. Tim and his uncle live in a _____ (wood) house in the mountains.
40. His uncle was 30 years old when he got ______ (marry).
1. seldom 2. busy 3. month 4. raised 5. thousands 6. height 7. comfortably 8. myself 9. speed 10. mixed 11. across 12. dancer 13. disturbs 14. dishonest 15. straight/directly 16. rain 17. rode 18. against 19. service 20. fit 21. cured 22. turn 23. preparing 24. suddenly 25. nurses’ 26. breath 27. Luckily 28. chosen 29. Wherever 30. energetic 31.opposite 32.homeless 33.temperature 34. medical 35.confident 36.permission 37.translator 38.continue 39.programming 40.uncroded
1. arguing 2. lives 3. twice 4. foggy 5. unhappy 6. mine 7. third 8. heavily 9. tourists 10. awake 11. swimmers’ 12. himself 13. interested 14. visitors 15. friendly 16. nineteenth 17. discussion 18. worst 19. ability/abilities 20. tastier 21. interviewed 22. hopefully 23. invention 24. impossible 25. safety 26. winning 27. more interesting 28. careless 29. peaceful 30. pleasant 31.luckily 32.western 33.themselves 34.complaining 35.spoken 36.helpful 37.death 38.flying 39.wooden 40.married